I reversed a heart condition, infertility & early onset menopause (without my Dr.’s help).
In fact, helping women tap into their body’s natural ability to heal, is my jam!START YOUR HEALING JOURNEY WITH MY FREE STARTER KIT
Hi! I’m Dr. Samantha Hiotakis
& I am here to tell you that gut feeling you have is 100% right!
You’ve known for a long time that something isn’t right and there has to be a better way to get healthy and stay healthy.
I help put you back in the driver’s seat of your health…empowering you to understand how your body works, interpreting it’s messages, making decisions that make you feel better fast.
The magic in what I do with you is combine three major areas
Licenced Psychologist to rewire your thinking for optimal health and wellness. There are multiple scientific studies that show how you think about your health (+/-) directly impacts not only your health and wellness but your healing time when you do become ill.
Functional Medicine Health & Wellness Coach to teach you how to ask your doctors the right questions, do your research for alternative approaches, and take action to dig deeper to figure out what your body is telling you and what it needs so you can heal.
Holistic Health Coach through Integrative Nutrition to tap into the power of lifestyle and food choices so you can be on your way to monumental lasting changes and healing Your results not only last but you have an entirely new approach to living and being that is easy, sustainable, fits into your schedule and is just amazing!
How did you get so far off track?
Feeling run down & exhausted, thinking that’s just part of being a working mom, getting older, and other bulls**t things you tell yourself [as you crawl into bed at night, not having the energy to finish watching Grey’s Anatomy, highly anxious about what the day will bring tomorrow only to have the alarm go off and feel wiped out as if you didn’t get any sleep]
Running to the doctor and taking everything they say as gospel truth without questioning WHY you feel this way [aka getting a 5 minute appointment, blurting out your symptoms as quickly as you can because the clock is ticking, only to be rushed out the door with perhaps a script/ blood work order but no real answers…and those blood test results will be reported to you by a medical assistant and not your doctor and if you are given a script most likely they won’t be calling you to see how you are doing.]
You keep moving forward, pushing yourself and taking quick fixes [cue popping the Tylenol almost daily, drinking wine every night because it’s the only thing that makes you feel better for the moment, shoving food down your throat because who has time,..all to continue the cycle of feeling like crap the next day or worse you get total run down and sick].
Getting angry at your body when it presents with symptoms as opposed to thanking your body for trying to communicate the only way it knows how [It looks like this: “I don’t have time to be sick, I have too much to do, ugggh its must be the germs at work, its fall everyone is sick as opposed to hey maybe I am doing too much, maybe I am not eat foods that are supporting me, maybe all those critical and stressed out thoughts I am having are wreaking havoc on my health, etc].
Because deep down you know
- there’s a better way.
- all of these quick fixes are doing nothing
- you’re sick of getting sick and feeling sick.
- you’re frustrated with how your doctor treats you like number in a revolving door of clients for the day and you’re simply not heard.
- you know no one else will do this for you.
- you’re pissed that you’re missing out on the life you’ve worked so hard to build.
- you’re terrified that the next illness will be horrific & you may not come back from it.
I’m your coach, if you’re a woman who is sick and tired of being sick and tired…
…who is taking over the counter medications for quick fixes, who feels like they are going to doctors who aren’t really listening, and who is ready to listen to their intuition and reclaim her right to vibrant health.
That’s exactly what we will do together by optimizing your mind for health and wellness, shifting your lifestyle habits, and adding in nourishing foods to activate your body’s ability to self-heal and thrive (yes chocolate is included!).
SIDE EFFECTS YOU ACTUALLY WANT! Our work together will take you from feeling hopeless, frustrated and rundown to empowered, vibrant, energized, and focused.
A routine surgery left me bedridden and
unable to work for 9 months.
My world had fallen apart.
For a long time I did the only thing I knew how to do…I continued to see doctors who sent me to specialist after specialist. The amount of tests and follow up surgeries I had is disgusting and led to no real answers.
With all the specialists not knowing what was going on I finally stopped the appointments and surgeries.
I stopped it all and tuned into my body.
I embraced the power of my body speaking to me through symptoms and started to listen.
Through listening to my body and believing in my body I started to heal.
I started watching my thoughts and cultivating ones that moved me towards healing as opposed to keeping me sick.
I ordered every book I could find about food and nutrition and started to create a unique approach to eating [HINT my grandmother would have eaten very similarly because she did not have all the processed foods]
I was back at work in a few months and the only thing I had to contend with was a new heart condition [which I was able to reverse a few years later].
I am on no medication- ZERO…down from 2008 when I was on 6 [SIX!] prescriptions and a slew of OTC drugs..
I was told in 2015 that I could never get pregnant…I had to remind myself what I learned in 2008. I used what I know about mindset, lifestyle and nourishment and became pregnant naturally at the age of 41.
In January of 2019 I had hot flashes and no period – long story short I was told I was in early onset menopause. I’ll never forget Billy looked at me when we listened to the voicemail [ yes this message was left on my voicemail], he said so “how long do you think it will take you to reverse this?” I said “3-4 months”. I have had a regular period now since April of 2019.
BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE
WHAT YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED TO LEARN
Together we’ll put YOU back in the driver’s seat of your health with…
- Confidence to take back your power and ask questions about your health instead of just accepting what you are told as status quo
- Skills to tune in and listen to your body and what it is telling you [are you dehydrated, do you need more of a certain food group, do you need to adjust your sleep]
- A plan to manage and address your symptoms [including but not limited to how to shop for foods and stock your fridge and pantry, how to deal with symptoms when they strike at the worst time , how to get ahead of things are starting to heal from the inside out both physically and emotionally.
- Easy to implement things to add into you daily routine such as going to recipes that are on autopilot, mindset hacks that can turn your day from a shitty one to an incredible one, immune boosting tricks to pepper into your life and daily routine.
- The right questions to ask your doctor and the courage to find a new doctor or treatment team if you do not feel like you are being heard.
- The easy lifestyle shifts you can make that will change your life dramatically, such as having a sleep routine (yes it’s not just for toddlers), taking 10 minutes a day to get outside and recharge, how to reset your nervous system in 3 minutes a day and how to boost your immune system in 60 seconds a day
You listen and translate the signals your body is sending you – so you don’t have to stay on the cycle of sickness and not feeling good.
You realize your doctor is your partner in your health not a dictator simply telling you what you need to do. And if it doesn’t feel that way you move on to find a doctor and a treatment team that supports you.
You not only choose to make better choices but they easily and seamlessly fit into your life and these choices have an incredible impact on your overall health and wellbeing.
Your mind is wired for optimal health and wellness.
Feeling physically and emotionally good is the norm and not just some elusive memories you have from the past